Sunday 19 April 2009

Well hi everyone, sorry it has taken awhile for me to get back onto the blog, but after we left Etosha (Onguma) we drove along the Caprivi towards Botswana and stayed at Ngepi Camp. It was quite flooded and the causeway was almost up to my thighs in places. There is just so much water around it is quite unbelievable.

We then drove through to Maun and spent 4 nights at Sitatunga Camp sorting out everything. We have got a guy servicing the vehicle while we are away which will be great.

We managed to catch up with Brendon & Caz at Ngepi and Gazza's which was great - I will try and attach some photos later today. Lovely to meet Brendon's wife and fab to catch up with him as well.

We flew home on Thursday - we both left Maun and on arrival into Jo'burg I had a vehicle meet me and quickly take me to the airport and the transfer lounge as I had a very tight connection (which in truth I didn't think I would make)! Fortunately Air Botswana had fantastic ground crew and got me onto my flight to Sydney eventually. Then when I got to Sydney I had to transfer to the domestic terminal for my flight to Brisbane - it was delayed so arrived around 6.45pm.

Dad, Maureen, Kerri & Ken were there to meet me and it was fantastic to finally have arrived and see them all. We drove back to Dad & Maureens place and had a lovely dinner and caught up with all the gossip.

Last night we had Maureen's kids Carla & Rueben over for a BBQ (also Carla's two kids who have grown up heaps and Tony her boyfriend). We all had a lovely night and was great to catch up with them all.

Today Dad & Maureen are taking me for a drive around this area to see all the changes and just to see the area they live in - might be able to have a nice lunch on the water somewhere.

Well I will try and upload some photos later.

Love & hugs to all xxx (Martin I miss you darling - very quiet without you)!!

1 comment:

LIZ AND BOB PAGE said...

Hi Martin & Dee
Not been on for a while so had a lot of catching up to do. Sounds like you have had a fabulous and scary time. Glad you both enjoyed it. Loved reading about your adventures and looking at the photos.When are you coming back to UK Dee?
Hope to see you soon.
Liz and Bob. x