Sunday 14 June 2009


Meerkats in the Kalahari - we stayed at Deception Valley (yipee it did work)!

Well I am trying to upload some photos onto the blog at the moment, but it looks like it is not going to work so sorry for that and it seems that you are just going to have to have me prattling on about our trip.

We got back to Clint & Pieter's place and I was able to have a lovely hot shower whilst last minute things were being arranged. We then took off for Moremi Game Reserve where we were spending 2 nights at the Xakanaxa Public Campsite. We got into camp and set up and then went for a game drive.

We came across a huge herd of buffalo and following along behind the herd (unbeknown to them) was a beautiful pride of lions. We managed to get some fantastic photos of the 2 males and also the females and sub adults, I think in all there was about 14 of them - fabulous to follow and watch.

We had a fabulous dinner that night (lamb shanks in the potjie) and got up early to see how the lions got on during the night.

I will quickly publish this so that I manage to get at least one photo on.

No comments: